Thursday, June 24, 2010

Coffee Art

As an artist, I am always on the look out for new ideas and interesting mediums. I came across Sunshine Platter, a blog by a very talented artist who uses only coffee...yep, coffee, to create her artwork. I had never heard of it before, but apparently it's been around for a while. I suppose it would be similar to using water colours, but creating a sepia tone.

If I had a dollar for every time I put my paintbrush, into my cup of coffee, I'd be sitting pretty. So I'm thinking...is that how it started? When I get some spare time (hahahaha) I'll have a go at it.

All of the sites had copyright on the pictures, otherwise I'd post one here. I respect artists and their copyright, especially after finding my artwork, along with a fellow chalk artist's, mangled, mish mashed and Photoshopped onto bulk lots of Chinese made blackboards. They finally removed them after I provided proof of ownership.

Coffee and painting seem like a perfect couple to me. I presume that you can vary the tone by how much water you add, but it would be interesting to see the differences by brand e.g. Nescafe or Moccona? What about Decaf? And can I add milk and sugar :) 

Here's a couple of more sites, in case you're interested. Just Coffee Art Coffee On Paper 

0 comments: