Saturday, February 6, 2010

Getting ready to get ready....

Well, I never thought I would resort to blogging, but it seems like a good way of keeping everyone updated and only having to write it once...and therapy for me!

We will be spending most of 2010 gearing up to go Chiang Mai, Thailand...hopefully in October or November, for one year. First we he will attend Chiang Mai University, for one month, to complete an English teaching course. We are not quite sure what will happen after that. Stray would like to teach in a school, but I haven't made my mind up yet. The university also provides a course learning Thai, consisting of only 4 hours per week, over 48 weeks and secures your visa for one year, that sounds more like me :) or perhaps I can do some volunteering, work on my chalk art book or actually have a long rest...we'll see!

So we have lots of clearing out, packing and organising to do from now until then. We are off to Vietnam in March for three weeks for a travel bug fix and to catch up with some lovely friends we made last time we were there.
I won't be updating this blog very much until after we leave for Thailand, so until then, cheers! Who was I kidding?

6 comments:

Tomomi said... Best Blogger Tips

Would be a great place to spend a year. Good luck and enjoy!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Looking forward to reading your blogs... what an adventure!
Have added you so I can keep up todate.

Leah said... Best Blogger Tips

Ahh! How super exciting! Can I come and visit?
Big hugs and thanks for the blog :) xx

Hoai Anh said... Best Blogger Tips

It will be very nice^^ hope to see you again in Vietnam^^
I hope that you and Greg will have a happy trip^^

Maitena said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Snap!!
Thank you for the comment you left in my blog!! It's nice to hear from an Australian!! I will try to keep my blog updated and I hope you'll visit it often (or whenever I post and entry).
It's seems like a real adventure what you are going to do with your family!! Kinda what I'm about to do!!!
I added your blog to my blog list that way I know when you write something.

Cheers!!!

Snap said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Maitena, thanks for your comment also. It's nice to know we're not always talking to ourselves :) I tried to 'follow' you the other day, but something went haywire. I will try again!