Friday, April 22, 2011

Sawadee, G'day and Bonjour

Did I mention that Stray flew back from Paris last week, just in time for Songkraan? He had an unforgettable time with his wonderful hosts S1 and S2. In 2009 he met these lovely Parisians here in Thailand. Last year and I also had the pleasure of catching up with them, in the flesh, here in Chiang Mai.

Stray, would you like to tell our readers what you got up to?...Stray?...Stray?

Oh, no, that's right, he's flown off AGAIN and left ME to do all the talking! ;)

Apart from the obvious Paris landmarks, like the Eiffel Tower, River Seine and Louvre, I have no idea where these photos were taken. But, I do know, that I like them and it was hard to pick just a few from the disks Stray left behind...in my hot little hands.

First of all Stray is not responsible for the incredible photography, apart from being in some of the shots. 1. our camera is not that great and 2. I didn't want to part trust him with it.
...with mobile phone camera in hand on the Eiffel Tower.
A huge thank you to the S's who made Stray's stay in Paris a trip to remember and who sent beautiful gifts back for me. Along with those and the special dinner Stray prepared for me when he returned, it was almost like being there...
Yes, that's frois gras and I don't care!
...well, not really, but it was bloody good!

Snap's other blog Chiang Mai Thai

5 comments:

lanivcox said... Best Blogger Tips

Absolutely stunning photos. I really like all of them. The 'flatten looking' Stray is really funny too. Wow, camera phone????? Paris looks so amazing. I can't wait to see it.

Snap said... Best Blogger Tips

@Lani I never made it as far inland as Paris. I think I could spend years there wandering around taking photos, drawing, painting, eating...I wonder if I could get a sponsor for that type of thing?

Stray does look completely wiped out in that pic!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

So why didn't you go? Had to stay home and take care of the Tokay?

Snap said... Best Blogger Tips

@Anonymous No Tokay to look after...stayed behind for a couple of reasons, the biggest would be my visa restrictions and school obligations. I'm hoping to get some travelling done after my course finishes and before my visa runs out...and there's always the minor detail of money ;)

Catherine said... Best Blogger Tips

It looks like Stray had a wonderful time. Nice! Paris is a wonderful place to hang a camera :-)